•  » Archives
  •  » The General OOC and Question & Answer Thread

#1 2012-05-05 00:32:10

nyghtmoon
fiche Eleveur
Membre

The General OOC and Question & Answer Thread

The General OOC  and Question & Answer Thread

This is the OOC for the various role plays you have going on. Talk about your characters, recruit members for your RP, find people to set up RPs with, etc. That's what this thread is designed for.

Remember:
All but minimal OOC conversations should be kept out of the main story lines and posted here. You may advertise/recruit for your RP thread, but please do not post about it more then once a week/or more then once on any one page of the OOC thread (whichever comes first).

Feel free to ask questions about RP, threads, story ideas, starting threads, or anything Grasslands RP, role play, or otherwise related here as well. 

Handy links for reference:
Grasslands Rules & Guidlines | How To Submit Your RP for Approval

Our RP's are related on a system of G/PG/PG-13. They are a general approximation of the MPAA's standard, but modified for PV & Forum Rules of Conduct.

G - General Audiences: Appropriate for all ages
   No nudity, no drugs, minimal violence, and limited use of language that goes beyond polite conversation.

PG - Parental Guidance Suggested: Some material may not be suitable for young children.
   May have mild violence and/or action, mild language, or crude humor.

PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned: Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
   May contain moderate language, minimal strong language, intense violence, gore, or dark themes and/or romance.

There will be NO sexually explicit or implied content allowed on these boards at ANY time, IC or OOC.

Although there is a lot of terms explained in the links above, let me just list a few that are commonly used here on the Grasslands RP Forums:

[b]IC (In Character): This term refers to actions, thoughts or speech that should be attributed to your character alone. It also means info given IC is only to be used IC, and visa versa. This is the conversation and actions that happen between your characters.

OOC (Out of Character): This term refers to conversations, actions, or information exchanged outside of the game setting between players/GMs of the game. Always keep OOC separate from IC, and do not use OOC info for an IC advantage. It's the conversation between you as a player and the other players in the thread.

OP (Original Poster): The player who originally created the thread and therefore is hosting the game, unless otherwise decided between the OP and/or currently active players with a Grasslands Mod's approval.

Power Gaming/Meta Gaming: Put simply, this is when you try to take over or direct the actions (or reactions) of a character that is not your own. This is considered very much a NO-NO. The only character you can control in ANY way is your own.

God-Moding: This is when the game host/OP/GM uses their position as story-teller in a negative way to force players to react how they want, usually through bringing in impossible odds, ultra-powerful NPC's or using their position to advance their own characters or that of their friends.

Literate RP: This is an RP that requires players have above average writing skills, be experienced in role-playing and/or able to RP with enough maturity to appear to have both.

Note: Please try to run your proposal (And your replies!) through a spell-checker and attempt to proof read it. Reading through blatant typos and misspellings is not appealing & if you can not manage to type the proposal out with a minimum of typos, then there are doubts about being able to run a successful RP.

If you are using Firefox, it will even check your spelling for you!

Go to Tools> Options> Advanced Tab > General Tab & click "Check my spelling as I type" Anything you possibly misspelled will be underlined with a dotted red line and you can right click and select the correct spelling, or add it to your in-browser dictionary!

My MOD voice is burgundy and enigmatic

#2 2012-06-13 14:29:19

lunayue
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

Re: The General OOC and Question & Answer Thread

The links aren't working for me.
This also happens on the others topics.

#3 2012-06-15 12:41:48

nyghtmoon
fiche Eleveur
Membre

They should be corrected now.  Sorry about that I thought I had edited with the new links but I obviously had forgotten to save my master document.

#4 2012-07-29 23:14:07

luvduv
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

I apologize if this does not fit into this topic correctly, but are the old roleplays really gone for good? So much work and progress, and there's no copies of them?

#5 2012-07-31 14:43:43

jojo91122
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Actually there not all gone, I believe naraness made a few copies for me.

- PS and V1 player -

#6 2012-08-04 21:49:08

nyghtmoon
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Unfortunately, we did not know that things were going to be reset.  I would love to see players start back up with role playing though :-)

#7 2012-09-08 07:48:09

horseg27
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I have an idea for a roleplay, would anyone be interested for me to run it?

#8 2012-10-01 13:17:33

sarahgrrl
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I would. Go ahead, tell us the idea. The only RP up is Jojo's and I think the whole RP communty would benefit the idea. So tell us!

#9 2012-10-07 09:50:34

horseg27
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Well here's the plot so far. I think I just need a title before sending it to Nyght

A war wages on between the Dark and Light ponies. Both sides have endured heavy losses over the 5 long years but neither wants to surrender. Currently the Darks have the upper hoof and things are looking bleak. The Light ponies have devised a way to try and win this fight. They have heard of a weapon that would be able to defeat their enemies for them and are to set up a team to retrieve it.
The rp will begin with all of the ponies having received letters calling them to meet with the Council leaders.
“You have been chosen to join a team of ponies to help save us from defeat to the Darks. You are to meet with the Council and the rest of the ponies gathered to help the Lights. We are depending upon you.”
It will start with the group in the entrance waiting to see the Council.

#10 2012-10-09 04:22:58

mmq123
fiche Eleveur
Membre

O.O sounds like fun!!
Here's a title suggestion:

The Great War of Ponies

#11 2012-10-09 23:08:12

lyra856
fiche Eleveur
Membre

This Does Sound Interesting!

#12 2012-10-29 16:55:21

sarahgrrl
fiche Eleveur
Membre

You should do it!

#13 2013-01-05 03:24:21

fandangostriker
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I think it's a great idea and you should go through with it. Can't really think of a name for it at the moment, but I'm sure I'll eventually think of a suggestion.

#14 2013-03-06 04:40:48

realms
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

Hello all. I am not sure if people still post here for RPGs, I used to set up RPGs back on Ponystars a few years back. If anyone remembered the name, I went by Realm 01 back there. Just poping in to see who still works on the RPGs.

#15 2013-03-07 02:41:27

jojo91122
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Hiya! I remember you realm. Long time no see :)

- PS and V1 player -

#16 2013-03-30 01:25:55

nyghtmoon
fiche Eleveur
Membre

hello Realm!  Long time no see.  I have not been about much myself, work and such taking up most of my time.   Nice to see some familiar names about though.

#17 2013-03-30 10:46:24

realms
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

Yes, it's been a very long time. I debated if I will ever come here after PS closed and I was still on the memorial site all that time after Rping who was left.

It is good to see some still remember me, I might even try to submit a RP if people are still around. But it won't be like the ones I used to run back on PS.

#18 2013-04-13 02:34:07

nyghtmoon
fiche Eleveur
Membre

yeah, went through some pretty dramatic changes for me.  Changed jobs and now work 6 days a week so I am not about as often as I would like.

#19 2013-05-01 09:56:37

levanael
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

Hello !
I'm french and I don't know if I can participate in the English section (Sorry if I'm doing a stupidity  D=). I would like to write a RP. Uh... Try. I think it's very interesting and it could be a good experience. So, if someone share the same view or just want to try, I'm here. One thing... I'm not sure I have a high level (Not sure at all...) in English so please, be forgiving and don't laugh. ><

Dernière modification par levanael (2013-05-01 09:57:18)

#20 2013-05-02 22:15:24

nyghtmoon
fiche Eleveur
Membre

levanael, welcome to the English section.  We do things a little differently over here and RP's go through an application process.  You can find the guide for that in this section as well.  Just send me a PM with you idea and we will work with you to get you up and running an RP :-)

• Index
  •  » Archives
  •  » The General OOC and Question & Answer Thread

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson
Traduction par punbb.fr