Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 2013-06-29 06:42:30

angeleyedskys
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

New Version: The Pro's, The Con's, and the Iffys

Well, I had gone away for a while, and returned and became more and more disappointed. I like some of the changes that they made here, where as some of the ideas are iffy, and the others unacceptable.  I'm going to say its safe to assume that I'm not the first with complaints and compliments, but I feel that this thread should be made to stress the severity of these issues, and how they impact game play. Anyone else is free to add their opinions, and note that all of the following is a view based strictly from my perspective having jumped from the previous version. I feel it's pretty mandatory for any game creator to know these things in order for them to be noted and make the changes necessary. I may edit this thread adding in valid points that I missed and anyone suggests if I see them fit.

Pro's:

*Site navigation
The Valley concept is genius. In V1, navigation was clunky and difficult using a side tool bar with links for navigation. Load time has also improved. The small icon buttons added in here and there also help greatly. Details are always key. (See Con's)
*Improved breeding system
Navigation is SO much better than it was before for breeding, and seemingly will be even more so once the update for it is released and will allow specific color searches. At that point, hopefully they install an area that you can type in a certain page so players can jump around a bit as they chose, and at that point, I think it will be flawless.
*Limitations on breeding
Although a lot of players are against it, I can see why it would be applicable. This minimizes breeding and keeps the Black Market a lot less cluttered as before, saving the server some strain. (See Con's)
*Shorter breeding waiting times
It used to be a 7 days for a pony to be born, and now it is 4. That's pretty awesome.
*Traits available for Gold as well as Fee'z
No matter if any of you are upset that the prices on the traits are high, keep in mind that before there were only a select few that were available for quite ridiculous amounts previously.
*Lowered costs for name changes
Everyone loves a price drop, and for a name change, 20G was pretty bizarre. 8G seems reasonable.
*Opportunities to obtain Fee'z
Great option for those that are able to spend time, and not money.

Iffy's:

*Pony designs
I personally think the V1 ponies were fine. The only thing they could have possibly changed was the addition to eyelashes for females imo. Maybe it's just because it's what I'm used to however, this is honestly subjective.
*Beauty Salon
Again, a great idea. Options are always amazing especially when making whats yours, unique in your own way. I think some of them look ridiculous for whatever reason.
*Animations
Honestly, i didn't even give them much of a chance. I turned off the animations when they became apparent, not only because they were drastically slowing down my computer, but also because they looked terrible. The horses don't appear to be running, but breaking their legs. The idea is good, if the proper execution is there. Otherwise, until perfected shouldn't have been included in my opinion.
*Simplified color system
Labeling colors on their shades is a great idea, making it more simplified for younger players to have an idea of what their color is closest too(reading out white instead of 255,255,255 etc.). However, this should be optional. There are still those players that seek horses of "pure" colors. Giving a wider selection of pure colors to choose from is great, as long as the pure colors are just as easily accessible as the rest, which unfortunately isn't the case.

Con's:

Flash Format in place of HTML
I haven't had any issues with the flash yet, but it's no surprise that it would with anyone, and I was honestly surprised in fact when I wasn't having issues. Others aren't so lucky. HTML format is simple and functioning, and should be prioritized in a game that requires multiple actions to be done at once. There wasn't a need to go too technical.
*Lost Daily Gold
No more daily gold is being issued, except for what's awarded after farming, and feeding and grooming your ponies. This is just over 100 and isn't enough for much of anything. There are plenty of ways this could and should be fixed. The only reason I could figure for it's removal is they're worried about people logging in daily only for the gold. In that case make it a "devotion award" after being on for 15 minutes to cover that. Not sure why this was eliminated at all.
*No way to earn gold
Bottom line is there has to be some balance with the Gold, and if the daily gold is removed, at least have up functioning mini games of some sort. Doing so would increase the number of players online, which would benefit the site, and keep players entertained. Simple games with gradually increasing amounts of payouts as the levels progress. Install a system like that and everyone's happy.
*Breeding Accuracy
Although I'm in favor of the limited breeds, the random breeds are simply unacceptable. Everyone here works to obtain the ponies of their desires no matter the case. Limiting is acceptable as long as the desired color is obtainable in a more direct way. I feel probably the strongest about this issue than any other, as well as a vast majority of the previous players.
*No way to differ ponies that have been cared for
Something has to be done about this. Pretty sure it's one of those things that is getting on anyone's nerves that doesn't have assistants.
*Stables:
Where did the stables go? Hopefully they bring that back in time and include stable pages or something. A lot of great directions they can go with it.
*Traits not working
I think we can all agree that the most used trait was the tribal tattoo. It was one of those that were free, and it looked good, and it's not working.
*Discretely discouraging large numbers of ponies
Most of the old players from V1 have 50+ ponies. Not only do they want to charge players now for every +10 past 50, but those that were devoted over the years are being leveled off as your average newbie. Never a good step. Always appreciate those that have been loyal to you so they keep being loyal to you.
*Poor Services from Feerik
Of course when a new version is born in any instance, there will be bugs and issues which is understandable and expected... HOWEVER... What is also expected is responses, replies, and efforts being made to work on these issues. Customer service has been at an all time low, and the players are noticing, and in turn, sadly enough...vanishing. If you treat someone like they don't exist, they'll most likely do the same with you.

Dernière modification par angeleyedskys (2013-06-30 07:05:03)

♥AngelEyedSkys♥

#2 2013-06-30 02:50:00

felidaes
fiche Eleveur
Membre
Site web

Re: New Version: The Pro's, The Con's, and the Iffys

Very good summary of everything. I agree. ^_^

#3 2013-06-30 03:08:32

darkjewels
fiche Eleveur
Membre

Site navigation
The Valley concept is genius. In V1, navigation was clunky and difficult using a side tool bar with links for navigation. Load time has also improved. The small icon buttons added in here and there also help greatly. Details are always key.

while i agree with you that the site navigation has improved, it has a serious issue: flash format instead of HTML format(the format in V1). that organization level is possible in HTML format. all you need is a "map" page(like in neopets). but the main problem of the flash format is the loading/freezing.
in V1, you could open the files of several ponies at the same time and feed/groom them all at once, while in V2, you can only open 1 item at a time(and you can't click on the feed/groom icons of several ponies all at once, last i checked), and sometimes the loading is very slow and when the loading bar freezes, you need to refresh the page, loading the whole site(instead of just reloading the area you had a problem with or hitting the "previous page" button)
and sometimes, even if the browser cache is lower than 50MB, some of the features will still bug for no appearent reason. you need to clear the cache all the time, paranoidly checking out the java/flash updates(if you have java instaled, it causes bugs when outdated even if you're not currently using it) while HTML format does not have this problem.

Lost Daily Gold
No more daily gold is being issued, except for what's awarded after farming, and feeding and grooming your ponies. This is just over 100 and isn't enough for much of anything. There are plenty of ways this could and should be fixed. The only reason I could figure for it's removal is they're worried about people logging in daily only for the gold. In that case make it a "devotion award" after being on for 15 minutes to cover that. Not sure why this was eliminated at all.

that old problem: when most traits costed feez, everyone with enough ponies had a BUNCH of leftover gold. now that most traits cost gold, we don't get enough gold.
it has been better to have onlt 5~10 ponies in total than over 200 now. specialy if you don't have the assistants' sets. if you have only 5 ponies, you get 116gold/day for few effort. but it's just ridiculous(and unfair) to let someone with over 100 ponies to earn just as few for greater effort. just doesn't feel worth it... because the (new)gold system, i've been mostly using breeding for ITs only rather than to expand my herd...

No way to differ ponies that have been cared for
Something has to be done about this. pretty sure it's one of those things that is getting on anyone's nerves that doesn't have assistants.

in my opinion(maybe i or even anyone else should post this in the suggestion thread, thanks to anyone who would do that favor for me XD), the brusg/feed icons should be displayed in the barn page, inside the ponies' frames.
this way, all we'd need to do would be clicking on the caring icons, wich should disapear after being clicked on.
this way, it would be easier(even for people who have over 9000 ponies) to take care of their ponies without assistant sets.
and if we could click on those icons the same way we click on farm fields(no need to wait the previous icon to work before clicking on the next one) it would be even better...

V1 traits not working
I think we can all agree that the most used trait was the tribal tattoo. It was one of those that were free, and it looked good, and it's not working.

actualy, even some of the V2 traits don't work(or at least not on all the races, like they're supposed to)
there's even athread about it and if you check the most recent reports, you'll see even worse ones...
it kind of feels like the services have slowed down...

i will not unlock the "locked" ponys
on a totaly unrelated note: no, i will not stop with the puns!MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
~Only entering for gold. Not interacting with other players very often~

#4 2013-06-30 05:56:07

angeleyedskys
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

darkjewels a écrit:

Site navigation
The Valley concept is genius. In V1, navigation was clunky and difficult using a side tool bar with links for navigation. Load time has also improved. The small icon buttons added in here and there also help greatly. Details are always key.

while i agree with you that the site navigation has improved, it has a serious issue: flash format instead of HTML format(the format in V1). that organization level is possible in HTML format. all you need is a "map" page(like in neopets). but the main problem of the flash format is the loading/freezing.
in V1, you could open the files of several ponies at the same time and feed/groom them all at once, while in V2, you can only open 1 item at a time(and you can't click on the feed/groom icons of several ponies all at once, last i checked), and sometimes the loading is very slow and when the loading bar freezes, you need to refresh the page, loading the whole site(instead of just reloading the area you had a problem with or hitting the "previous page" button)
and sometimes, even if the browser cache is lower than 50MB, some of the features will still bug for no appearent reason. you need to clear the cache all the time, paranoidly checking out the java/flash updates(if you have java instaled, it causes bugs when outdated even if you're not currently using it) while HTML format does not have this problem.

I had figured as much would happen, and was shocked when I signed on... I kept repeating to myself along with sighs and whimpers that the site was ruined and was anticipating it to fail at some point. Fortunately thus far I haven't had any issues, but I have the assistants traits so haven't had the need to have open several windows at a time. I prefer HTML over flash any day especially for sites like this. Judging by the appearance of everything, it seems that a younger crowd is being targeted, hence the animations and overall new designs and simplicity. This is fine and understandable, as long as it functions properly. I really had intentions of putting this in the con's also, but it slipped my mind by the time I got there x.x lol

Lost Daily Gold

that old problem: when most traits costed feez, everyone with enough ponies had a BUNCH of leftover gold. now that most traits cost gold, we don't get enough gold.
it has been better to have onlt 5~10 ponies in total than over 200 now. specialy if you don't have the assistants' sets. if you have only 5 ponies, you get 116gold/day for few effort. but it's just ridiculous(and unfair) to let someone with over 100 ponies to earn just as few for greater effort. just doesn't feel worth it... because the (new)gold system, i've been mostly using breeding for ITs only rather than to expand my herd...

Very valid points. I for one only had just under 50 ponies (I was aiming for entirely pure ponies)before the transition so for me, and many others in my shoes will be forced into spending 420G/70 Fee'z per +10 additional ponies allotted in your barn(hopefully no more as the numbers increase). I'm assuming the thought process for that may have been because anyone with the higher amounts of ponies have a higher max ponies without the fees for each 10. Seems that players are being pushed to want to have less ponies than more. So basically your max increase is free as far as you have ponies, which may stand to make up for the payment, if that makes sense? As I do agree with you however in the sense that those with higher amounts of ponies are obviously long term players and shouldn't be put on the level of a beginner. It's discouraging.

No way to differ ponies that have been cared for
Something has to be done about this. pretty sure it's one of those things that is getting on anyone's nerves that doesn't have assistants.

in my opinion(maybe i or even anyone else should post this in the suggestion thread, thanks to anyone who would do that favor for me XD), the brusg/feed icons should be displayed in the barn page, inside the ponies' frames.
this way, all we'd need to do would be clicking on the caring icons, wich should disapear after being clicked on.
this way, it would be easier(even for people who have over 9000 ponies) to take care of their ponies without assistant sets.
and if we could click on those icons the same way we click on farm fields(no need to wait the previous icon to work before clicking on the next one) it would be even better...

There are so many ways they can fix this, its a small detail that could be fixed and make big changes from the perspective of players.

V1 traits not working

actualy, even some of the V2 traits don't work(or at least not on all the races, like they're supposed to)
there's even athread about it and if you check the most recent reports, you'll see even worse ones...
it kind of feels like the services have slowed down...

Wow, I hadn't realized it was that bad until you pointed it out... I saw quite a number of posts with complaints that weren't replied to but i guess i took it as it was a fresh post and they haven't gotten around to it, but I'm rarely seeing any reply's to anything. X/ Not sure why all these new traits keep coming out when they shuold just be working on the issues already at hand first. They're focusing on the wrong things at this point in time. Also, they reallyyyyyy need to work on their communications with the players. We may be more patient if we had a fraction of an idea about when we could expect issues to start being resolved.

♥AngelEyedSkys♥

#5 2013-07-01 03:53:56

darkjewels
fiche Eleveur
Membre

angeleyedskys a écrit:

I had figured as much would happen, and was shocked when I signed on... I kept repeating to myself along with sighs and whimpers that the site was ruined and was anticipating it to fail at some point. Fortunately thus far I haven't had any issues, but I have the assistants traits so haven't had the need to have open several windows at a time. I prefer HTML over flash any day especially for sites like this. Judging by the appearance of everything, it seems that a younger crowd is being targeted, hence the animations and overall new designs and simplicity. This is fine and understandable, as long as it functions properly. I really had intentions of putting this in the con's also, but it slipped my mind by the time I got there x.x lol

i couldn't agree more.

Very valid points. I for one only had just under 50 ponies (I was aiming for entirely pure ponies)before the transition so for me, and many others in my shoes will be forced into spending 420G/70 Fee'z per +10 additional ponies allotted in your barn(hopefully no more as the numbers increase). I'm assuming the thought process for that may have been because anyone with the higher amounts of ponies have a higher max ponies without the fees for each 10. Seems that players are being pushed to want to have less ponies than more. So basically your max increase is free as far as you have ponies, which may stand to make up for the payment, if that makes sense? As I do agree with you however in the sense that those with higher amounts of ponies are obviously long term players and shouldn't be put on the level of a beginner. It's discouraging.

i know right... the numbers expand, but so does the cost...
i currently have 291/300 ponies and in order to expand my herd(up to 350 ponies), it'll cost me 2.000 gold(or 320feez, wich i can't afford). it takes me(any player) 18 days to save this many. and if i would use my nursery's current full capacity, allowing me to get 6 ponies/day, in 18 days would have 108 new ponies(216 if i had the nurse set, allowing 12 ponies/day) and the 2000 gold will only give room for 50 new ponies.(not to mention the leftover nursery slot i did not count)
if i were to give you a tip i'd tell you to don't expand your herd at all if you want to have gold, but this game is supposed to be about breeding ponies. it almost feels like they're telling us to throw our old ponies away to open room for more...
and even if i was to pay feez, even with the free feez offers, depending on where you live, you will not be able to get even 7feez in a week... some people are lucky and can get 20feez in a day, but my case is the <7feez in a week.
(sorry, i may have gotten lost here x_X)

There are so many ways they can fix this, its a small detail that could be fixed and make big changes from the perspective of players.

Wow, I hadn't realized it was that bad until you pointed it out... I saw quite a number of posts with complaints that weren't replied to but i guess i took it as it was a fresh post and they haven't gotten around to it, but I'm rarely seeing any reply's to anything. X/ Not sure why all these new traits keep coming out when they shuold just be working on the issues already at hand first. They're focusing on the wrong things at this point in time. Also, they reallyyyyyy need to work on their communications with the players. We may be more patient if we had a fraction of an idea about when we could expect issues to start being resolved.

amen to that.

#6 2013-07-07 17:55:45

angeleyedskys
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

Honestly though, I havent been logging on for more than 5 mins at a time per day. I just log on to see if anythings changed for the better and to farm and tend to my horses. I'm pretty sure alot of the old players have site hopped. Seeing several familiar names elsewhere, and Im beginning to wonder if there are any english mods left here at all x.x

Dernière modification par angeleyedskys (2013-07-07 17:56:43)

♥AngelEyedSkys♥

#7 2013-10-02 12:31:30

taarendonk1
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I wasn't there when it still was V1 but I do know the images were changed because they looked VERY much the same with the images from another website where you can care for ponies called pony island, and a lot of people considered it art theft, here: http://chaoskirin.deviantart.com/art/Po … -263119390

#8 2013-10-02 17:54:27

winter night
fiche Eleveur
Membre

angeleyedskys a écrit:

Honestly though, I havent been logging on for more than 5 mins at a time per day. I just log on to see if anythings changed for the better and to farm and tend to my horses.

Honestly, I also just log in, farm and then care. On my main I play a bit in that stars tent thingy. But, my main problem is I cannot use the game at home for some reason (I can however just access the forums). I've added it in bug report and have many views, but, no replies Catitiz_PDT_24 so that means I can only be online from Monday to Thursday. And that'll only be the weeks I work! They should have made bug priority, like was stated before.

angeleyedskys a écrit:

*Lost Daily Gold
*No way to earn gold
Bottom line is there has to be some balance with the Gold, and if the daily gold is removed, at least have up functioning mini games of some sort. Doing so would increase the number of players online, which would benefit the site, and keep players entertained. Simple games with gradually increasing amounts of payouts as the levels progress. Install a system like that and everyone's happy.

I return to Poneyvallee after a very very long time. Sadly, I missed the time space where you could migrate, thus, I lost my entire herd. I used to be Krizmaf11 for those who have a good memory.. Cause I don't. Anyway, now I'm straying. Well, since I returned, I was quite happy with a few changes but when I started to expand my herd, I got less and less interested in really expanding. Breeding, I now started to try and breed IT foals, which, might cause me to release some of my herd later as I feel I'd rather spend my coins on buying traits for a change.
I miss the tribal trait. It was my favourite trait back in the days. It used to so fit perfectly on any pony of any colour. But, I can’t even find it in the store so I don’t know if it even exists anymore?

What I think should go in the suggestions too (if it isn’t already) is a way to navigate to another player’s farm without having the need to friend them first. But, okay, I get it. The game is about making friends and breeding and placing traits on the ponies.

darkjewels a écrit:

even with the free feez offers, depending on where you live, you will not be able to get even 7feez in a week... some people are lucky and can get 20feez in a day, but my case is the <7feez in a week.

I’d be lucky if I get 1 a week. When I go to watch video’s, at least one will say it is available, but, when I click it, it tells me it is not available in my area. This is rather annoying. I know I can do surveys and download “useless” (my opinion) programs for feez, but, excuse me for being paranoid when they ask for your address. Even if it is just postal or whatnot. It’s just not who I am. So, my hopes are usually on catching a real available video.

Edit: Seems like the problem with me being unable to use the pc at home was my flash player. Though, it only asked to update yesterday.

Dernière modification par winter night (2013-10-03 14:29:37)

#9 2013-10-04 06:10:54

Sablewood
fiche Eleveur
Membre
Lieu: Florida

I also was on this a while ago and came back when I finally saw that the site was back up and running. Although I missed out on the first version of PV, I was active on PS until it shut down.

I agree with you on many of your opinions, although, the new color system is still kind of strange for me. I really had no problem with the old color system, the RGB format was very nice in my opinion; however, that could be because I was used to it. Also, I hate the new breeding system (as you stated in the "Breeding Accuracy" section), I breed my ponies and get completely different colored babies.. This makes it incredibly difficult for me to get the ones that I want, which may be what they were going for to make it more challenging. Another thing I agreed with was the daily gold. I guess this is understandable because they're allowing us to buy traits with gold as well now, but 116 a day? That doesn't give us enough to accomplish anything. I literally get on, feed mine, and get off. It gets boring very quickly this way, and I hope this is something that gets fixed soon. A way to fix it would be to give out different kinds of coins, so that you can buy different kinds of items. It doesn't necessarily have to be have to be coins that buy all of the traits, but perhaps some of them. Or, games to earn gold! I know for a fact, that once another game I played changed their money system, more than half of the games old users quit, including all of my friends and myself.
I don't know, it's just some of my thoughts. :)
I truly appreciate everything that the creators/administrators do for us!

“The more I see of the world,
the more am i dissatisfied with it;
and everyday confirms my belief of the inconsistencies of all humans.”

#10 2014-03-10 07:20:15

angeleyedskys
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

After I last replied to this post, I decided to forget about PV for a while with hopes of returning to some, if any improvements. And if not that, at least a response from an admin. Unfortunately there hasn't been any attempts at stabilizing the system, which is much to my disappointment, especially seeing as how my last post was over 8 months ago. Pretty sure I'm officially giving up. Good luck and happy gaming :)

♥AngelEyedSkys♥

#11 2014-03-10 12:23:04

9tiger
fiche Eleveur
Membre

No one is listening, it seems. They just put out new genes every week to rake in money. That is the game model in its entirety now.

If I could release my ponies with their genes, I would do so and delete my account.

9T

#12 2014-03-13 17:51:52

taarendonk1
fiche Eleveur
Membre

enough with the trait sets I want improvements >>

#13 2014-03-14 02:13:57

darkjewels
fiche Eleveur
Membre

taarendonk1 a écrit:

enough with the trait sets I want improvements >>

same here!

#14 2014-03-16 17:58:43

psychocat
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I have to say I'm quite disappointed with the direction in which this game has gone since switching over to the new version. For a while we were getting regular updates on the game and new features being released and now we seldom (if ever) get any news from the devs or administrators except for new trait sets. I think Poneyvalley could be a fun game again if the new features that were mentioned were put to use. At the time PV V1 was shut down, I was saving up grassland moves to quest for auroras/ celestials. Now there's not much to do except log in, care for the ponies, possibly breed a few ponies and log out. I agree there should be mini games where we can earn gold. This version has so much potential but has stalled out for some reason. Please devs/ administrators, could we have some sort of update regarding the game?

Hate never wins out in the end. It instead goes always to its lonely, dusty end.- George Takei (AKA Mr. Sulu)

#15 2014-03-24 05:01:12

AshleySierra1989
fiche Eleveur
Nouveau membre

Besides making new traits I've decided they have abandoned the game. They could care less what we have to say. They get there $$$ and ignore us...maybe they are milking us for all they can before the game goes under...I've known games to do that. I've already gotten to a point where I dont really care anymore and ready to quit and I havent even been playing long. I've never played a game where the players were ignored as much as with this game. Even game makers that knew the site was going to go under still kept up appearances until they were ready to pull the plug. PV people arent even trying to fill us in.

#16 2014-03-24 13:10:37

9tiger
fiche Eleveur
Membre

I also think the game is on automatic. No one is really around to improve anything.

AshleySierra1989 a écrit:

Besides making new traits I've decided they have abandoned the game. They could care less what we have to say. They get there $$$ and ignore us...maybe they are milking us for all they can before the game goes under...I've known games to do that. I've already gotten to a point where I dont really care anymore and ready to quit and I havent even been playing long. I've never played a game where the players were ignored as much as with this game. Even game makers that knew the site was going to go under still kept up appearances until they were ready to pull the plug. PV people arent even trying to fill us in.

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson
Traduction par punbb.fr